Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/2440/110843
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorSchultz, Chester-
dc.date.issued2018-02-28-
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/2440/110843-
dc.description.abstractPilta-wodli (or Piltawodlingga; in KWP New Spelling 2010, Pirltawardli and Pirltawardlingga) was the Kaurna name of the area of the earliest ‘Native Location’ & School established in 1837, where the German linguist missionaries Teichelmann, Schürmann & Klose did most of their work recording the Kaurna language & using it to teach Kaurna children, 1838-45. The place (probably a campsite) was chosen by the Kaurna themselves: on the Torrens River, in the present North Adelaide Golf Links just north of the Torrens Lake weir. It is now marked by a memorial plaque at the carpark by the weir.en
dc.language.isoenen
dc.publisherChester Schultzen
dc.subjectNative Location schoolen
dc.subjectKaurna languageen
dc.subjectAdelaideen
dc.subjectTorrens Riveren
dc.subjectBrush-tailed possumen
dc.subjectAboriginal place-namesen
dc.subjectSouth Australia geographyen
dc.subjectKaurna Warra Pintyandien
dc.titlePiltawodli (Pirltawardli)en
dc.title.alternativePlace Name Summary (PNS) 2/04en
dc.typeTexten
Appears in Collections:Southern Kaurna Place Names Essays

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Piltawodli.pdf213.01 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.